FOX 26 Morning News visited Frenchy’s Chicken, a well-known restaurant on Scott Street in the historic Third Ward of Houston, not far from the University of Houston and Texas Southern University campuses. Owner Percy Creuzot takes food radio talk show host Cleverley Stone on a tour of the kitchen and shares why the restaurant was named Frenchy’s. He also demonstrates how he makes some of the best fried chicken in Houston.
Watch the segment to see how Percy shares his family’s secret fried chicken seasoning recipe. (Yes, Cleverley asked him!)
For more information about food, wine and dining in Houston,
listen to Cleverley’s radio show Saturdays at Noon on Talk 650 AM.
(By the way, she gives out restaurant gift cards on every radio show!)
Frenchy’s Fried Chicken
- One whole chicken, cut into pieces, skin left on
- Soybean oil for frying
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 gallon water
- All purpose flour
- Your favorite spices & seasonings (We asked for their secret seasoning recipe but they would not part with it.)
1. Combine milk and water in a bowl. Dip chicken into mixture.
2. Combine flour with your favorite seasonings. Dip chicken into flour mixture and coat well.
Shake off any excess flour that may stick to the chicken.
3. Fry chicken in soy bean oil for approximately 11 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oil and let excess oil drain off before serving.